Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Friday, September 25, 2015

I've Earned My Stripes, Darn It!

I went to the teenagers' back to school night at the local junior high...ahem...intermediate school.  Sorry to sound so dated.

I got called 'little lady' in the first period.  The teacher asked me who my kid was and I told him.  Then five minutes later, he referred to me as little lady.  Like something you would say to a two year old.  I let it go.  Until now.  Obviously.

Between every class change, I got the weirdest looks, like, "Where are her parents?  Doesn't she know that kids aren't supposed to come to back to school night?"

And in fourth period, the teacher asked who my child was.  I told her.  "You look like his sister," she said.  Um no I don't.  His sisters look way different than me.

"Thank goodness for hair color," I said dryly with a smile.

Which is ironic.  Because I have been graying for some years now and I while I often have 'red' hair, I have let my hair grow out and haven't colored it since we moved at the beginning of the year.  Laziness, if you must know.  Hence, my gray is very visible.

Hence, I don't look like I could be his sister!

Honestly.

For Christmas, I plan to get him an 'I'm with Mom' shirt.  Similar to the 'I'm with Stupid' shirts.  Then people can stop guessing if I am his sister and who is older.  Me!  Hello?  Look at my graying hair and laugh lines!  Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment