Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Puerto Rico

Woke up early to catch a flight...and put on this shirt.  Husband noticed it at the airport.  Oops!


We flew all day and landed at night.

This is the resort the next day.



Wandering around before we hit the water park with water slides.  And yes, this is my swimsuit ensemble for the water park.  

Why do I wear modest clothing, even near water?

a) I am exceptionally pale.  And, surprise, I burn easily.
b) Skin cancer runs in my family and having had a few spots removed myself when I was younger, I do not want the sun to get at any more of my skin than necessary. 
c) I still don't understand why it is considered weird to talk to people while they are in their underwear and yet, if you throw a body of water nearby, it is totally normal.  
d) At least it is normal for girls to strip down to underwear or less near water.  Guys wear shorts.  Yeah.  Makes no sense to me.

Anyway, water park was tons of fun.  And I didn't burn. 


We had a private deck at our casita.  It had a spa.  And it was so warm...mmmm....yummy.

It also rained on and off quite a bit while we were there.


Am I getting taller or is Husband getting shorter...?






We had a fancy dinner outside.  With a little bit of tropical rain for company.  There was some food that was okay for me to eat so, for the first time in a long time, I was able to fill my plate like a normal person and eat dinner with everyone.  I had red snapper and rice with lettuce.  It was great!  



A picture of the water park at the end of the day.


Our casita was way up on that hill. 


I caught a picture of Husband relaxing (and not working) for a change.  I'm pretty sure he was on his phone two minutes later doing email.


The next day we took a Catamaran out to some islands for frolicking and snorkeling. 









This is a pool that is in the wrong order.  Oops!


This is the sea day.  Look at how clear that water is!




Husband and I (and most of the group) went snorkeling.  Tons of fish in the reef to see.  It was great!








Can you see the dozens of fish right there?



I love snorkeling.  The water wasn't too choppy out in the open sea and there were plenty of fish.  My mask leaked a little.  They always do.  I think I must have a funny shaped head.  I also struggle to feel comfortable in glasses or to wear a headband.  Yep.  It must be my head shape.


We exhausted ourselves with sailing and snorkeling.

And then we went back to the main island.





This was the tram that took us back up the hill to the resort.  Hallelujah!  It was a steep cliffside.


That night we had another fancy dinner.  



And, early the next morning, we took off to catch a flight at sunrise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment