Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Reptile Zoo

How have we lived so close to this place for a decade and not known it existed?!

We got invited to a birthday party at the reptile zoo.  And boy did we have fun!







As you will see, the boys got to hold all kinds of creatures.


This sign said, "Please don't press the buttons.  Eggs are incubating."

Why did I have such a strong inclination to touch the buttons?  Incubating reptile eggs sounds creepy.  For the record, I did not mess with the incubating eggs...

And furthermore, I have decided that if there is ever an earthquake here, the reptile zoo would be the last place on earth I would like to be when it happens.  Can you imagine pythons, alligators, monitors, snapping turtles, tarantulas, and more running wild?  Shiver. 



Sure.  Let me just have a snake crawl all over me...



Or a tail-less lizard... 


Or look up to realize that there are several free range reptiles above my head...



If I were going to choose to be a lizard, I would be one that is this color.  Can you see him (or her)?


I hate when I lose a layer of skin.  Don't you? Super awkward.  

Which begs the question.  What happens to the skin?  Does someone have the job of cleaning up skin from snake enclosures?  Because I think I might have a hard time doing that chore. 


Riley and his good friend, A.  She is very reptile friendly and helped Riley feel comfortable touching some of them.  I've become friends with B, A's mom, and I think they are both very fun people.   


How about a kiss?  I'm a prince in disguise.  I swear.


Oh...now that is something I find cute.  So adorable!


Ev was not sure what to make of the giant frog.



Ribbit...


He did like the turtles though.





Ev was ready to climb aboard 'Potato's' back for a ride.  Whoa little one!



18,000 foot python anyone?  I felt like a character in Harry Potter at the zoo while watching this snake.  I could only imagine the glass disappearing and the snake getting free.  (I have a vivid imagination.  Which is apparently heightened around creepy crawlies...)


Bearded Dragon


Ball python, I think.






James being brave but not feeling overly comfortable...





Beetle
Enjoy your last moments little one.  You are about to become someone's lunch.  Gulp.



Swimming turtles with the coolest fingers ever.




And more reptiles chilling above my head...


The boys had a blast.  And for all my sassiness, I found it fascinating as well.  (I still don't want to be anywhere near during an earthquake though.)

The place was amazing and I can see taking my boys back there again.  What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment