Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Friday, May 22, 2015

Creating a Library to Love

The loveseat arrived.  

Which then provoked some conversation with my sons regarding what a loveseat actually is.  I think the word 'love' weirded them out.  

Well...some of them...


Came with legs and screws...and no instructions.  And not enough screws.  
So James and I improvised.


And pulled out the power tools.  Love my thirteen year old!  He's built half of the new furniture in the house and reassembled what we had to take apart for the move.  He's the best!  


I had a plan for the furniture but Husband wasn't thrilled with layout so I tried his layout first to see if it would work.  Couch by the window, chair freefloating in the room.  It did give more openess to the room but it blocked the beautiful view.  



While James and I were pretending to be highly-qualified decorators, the other boys found Baby's overalls and made him a farmer again.  They love him in his overalls.


Then he tried to help decorate.  Um...dude...you're wearing overalls.  You are disqualified from having a valid opinion on what works.  


So here is the problem.  I liked my original layout.  But, the colors weren't right.  The chair, which we had before was more burgundy and...


...the rockin throw pillows that I love are too red.  Sigh.  


See how they don't quite match enough?


Darn it!

So I tucked away the red pillows.  Maybe I will use them in another room.  Or pull them out and enjoy them when no company is expected and therefore cannot judge me for my clashing red tones.  
I ordered more of a burgundy case and a throw to try to get the color over to the silver side of the room.  We'll see how those colors go...


Guess who is loving the new library?



This is the room in pieces.  




I love it.  

Husband really gave on the color scheme with the silver, white, black, and red.  Originally we were going to go with a more brown palette...but I had the red chair to consider, the white shelves, and I fell in love with the silver couch.  

Hopefully he loves it too.  

If not, we have many other rooms he can choose to spend his time in...

No comments:

Post a Comment