Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Shining Light


For Riley's homework the other day, I had to read to him for twenty minutes.  Normally his homework is for him to read.  He thought this was an incredible power play to make the parents have homework too.

I gave him a choice between Sneetches (which I have practically memorized over the years) and The False Prince, which is a young adult novel, where the main character, Sage, reminds me of Riley.

He chose The False Prince, which surprised me a little.  Even though, he is a good reader, he tends to like shorter books.  

In the end, it didn't matter.  I read both to him.

But...he has kept me reading The False Prince to him every day and we are well into it.  I've read it probably half a dozen times before but it is still so good.  And I am really enjoying this time with my own Sage, Riley, as we make our way from one plot point to another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment