Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Sunday, March 5, 2017

My Daughter Had a Baby - Part One

Penelope recently found out she was pregnant, moved in, and went into labor.  

Why waste time, am I right?

Her fantastic casa, K, was able to make it.

The baby went into distress every time there was a long contraction.  The doctor decided to do a c-section because baby was clearly not tolerating the contractions.  This mom agreed.

Penelope was overwhelmed (I mean everything was all so fast already) but she pulled through.  I have a lingering cough and so K went into the OR with Penelope and I waited in the family waiting room like a nervous nancy.



Probably pretty happy right now that I made her watch several birthing videos including one on c-sections.  We will always have those memories, Penelope.


A star is born...


We didn't have a real due date for several reasons so we weren't sure what shape baby's lungs would be in after birth.  There was a whole nicu team ready.  Baby came out a wailing though.  Lungs well developed.  Phew!


Doctor flexing his muscles.  I find this very funny...


And here is the moment where I think it is hitting her that she just made a whole person.


After a rub down and some time in recovery...


Skin-to-skin contact to help regulate his system.



Welcome to the world, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment