Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Nine O Clock Church

My husband loves nine o' clock church.

I do not.   I am not a morning person and I love to relax in bed in the morning as I plan my day.

In the LDS church, you are assigned what ward (congregation) to go to based on where you live.  And each ward in a building is assigned a time.  So we have three wards in our building and three times...9am, 11am, and 1pm.

The wards rotate and the rotation always changes at the beginning of a new year.  So for all of last year I got to sleep in, enjoy my morning, then get ready for church, and leave about 12:30 with plenty of time.

This year we are at 9am.  Ugh.

The King was very, very excited.  He loves early church.  Plus, we won't be fighting against Baby's nap anymore, he argued.  (I already have to get up early - you don't have to throw salty supporting arguments at me...)  

Except that Prince Everett is still a one nap/two nap kind of kid.  He has been transitioning for the last six months or so.  But since he is the baby, I don't care.  If he is tired, I put him down.  If he is not, I don't.  No big deal.  

We went to 9am church this morning.  And by 9:30, Ev was showing clear signs of needing a morning nap.

And all I could think was that 9am church is not the cure all of tired nap-less children.  It's a small victory for me.  I still have to go every week at 9am for the whole year,  But it is still a victory against one of husband's arguments in favor of the early time being the bestest time in the whole wide world.

I suppose I should apologize for my sass.  I am a little sleep-deprived today.  

No matter.  Everything will look a little rosier in one year when we go at 11am.  Not either of our favorites, but a decent compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment