Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

Stories read this year?  125.  
Not my highest amount in a year but I also worked on my writing projects.

Writing projects put into the world as a ridiculous dare to myself to honor my 36 years of life?  4. 
 Many more sitting on the shelves.  But it felt good to let go of a few.  Good and scary.  May have spent a day or two cowering under the bed sheets.  But glad I took that step. 

Relationships gained, renewed, and strengthened?  Many, many, many.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by amazing people.  

Favorite dream come true?  My custom bookshelf with sliding ladder.  May sound shallow.  But I looooovvvveee my books.

Development that gives me the most hope?  Annabelle's acceptance of some help.  Maybe it is naive to hope.  But I can't help it.  Hope is better than despair.    

Best Christmas gift? Having Trevor and Penelope be able to join us.  

Biggest disappointment? Having to get iv fluids this year.  Almost made it a whole year without a significant, er necessary breakdown.  Until this last week.  Still.  One visit in 12 months?  I guess I should be proud.  Now I just have to figure out how to add sugars and fats back into my diet.  Looking forward to some weight gain.  And hoping for an understanding of what causes a healthy person's body to act so weird.  Here's to gaining some knowledge in 2016.  

Surprise change of 2015?  Deciding to homeschool my son.  I always had a favorable view of the idea and I like competition in education.  But I never would have thought that I would homeschool the kid that I did.  But his health shifted after the move and so we shifted too.  Great choice.  

I love my family and friends.  I am so blessed to know them and to have them in my life.  I am blessed to have the extra relationships extending from our adoptions.  They are so vital.  I feel richly fulfilled by all our adventures and I look forward to an equally adventurous 2016.

Happy New Year!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment