Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

You're So Vain...

Every time James has a sibling visit, we take pictures.  Then I print out the pictures, one set for him and each of his sibs.  

Every year for Christmas, I try to make sure that his sibs get a photo album as part of their gifts so that they have a place to put their pictures.  

Except that I have forgotten all along to get an album for James.  So he just had a stack of pictures piling up.  My brain finally clicked into place and I got him a photo album.  On the front of the photo album is a place to put a picture.  I thought he might put a picture of him with his sibs.  

Silly me.

He put a picture of himself.  

Of course he did.

I laughed when he showed me.

A few days later he sat next to me and put the pictures in his album.  

I just couldn't help but laugh that out of all the group shots he put a picture of just himself on the cover.  "I've got to get a picture of this," I said.

So he smiled for a picture. 


Then he asked to see the picture.  "Oh, you can't see how blue my eyes are," he said.  "Take another."

He messed with the lights in my room until he felt he got the right amount to show off the blue of his eyes.

Then he instructed me to take another picture.


After viewing it, he declared that you still couldn't see his baby blues quite enough and told me to take a third.

By this time, I am dying with laughter.  

I took the original picture to highlight how full his vanity can sometimes be.  What followed was truly fulfilling to the original idea.

"You do know that I will post about your crazy vanity, right?" I asked.

"Well then you definitely have to take another so you can see my blue eyes," he responded.

No shame.  No shame at all.

And good luck to all the teen girls out there.  If you try to tell him you find him attractive his response will probably be, "I know."

He's so vain, he probably thinks this post is about him...

No comments:

Post a Comment