Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Friday, April 22, 2016

Pinewood Derby 2016

This year I signed up to bring chips to the pinewood derby.  Easy, I thought.

The morning of the pinewood derby, Riley reminded me that I had made candy bar cars for past pinewood derby's.  

Yes.  This is true.  But does it follow that I must always make them?  

His face was all the reply I needed.  

Fine.  I didn't grow up with a mom like this, but let's ahead and spoil you rotten.

I ran to the store for supplies.

Then made 60 of the cutest little candy bar cars for Riley's cub scout group. 



Riley, the nine-year old, going on twenty-five, took lots of selfies with his friends.  Oy.


Spencer helped collect cars as the pit crew.




Riley made a shark car.  That he named Black Death.  I would like to pretend that I don't know where he gets his dark thoughts...but...he is my child...

His car did well enough and he had fun.


Ev got a front row seat to watch the action.



Riley and Black Death


No comments:

Post a Comment